Navigating Singapore - 2022 Sector Allocation & Top Stock Picks
- The top 3 sectors we like based on earnings are Tech, Telco and Consumer.
- We classify Capital Goods and Property as value plays given that the average trading band is still below its long-term historical mean.
- REITS and Healthcare are the sectors with defensive and quality earnings.
- We upgrade Transport to OVERWEIGHT after the recent sell-down and we believe the risk-reward is compelling the sector, particularly with visibility to a likely recovery in travel demand in 2022.
- However we keep Gaming as NEUTRAL in the medium term as share prices could bounce fast and furious on the Omicron variant proving to be less dangerous than expected.
- We make some changes to our Singapore stock top picks.
- We remove SingPost (SGX:S08) (previously a recovery laggard) as the market is likely to first plough into direct recovery plays.
- We also replace Ascendas REIT (SGX:A17U) with Keppel DC REIT (SGX:AJBU) as the former could be susceptible to an intermittent start-stop reopening of global markets including Australia, UK/Europe and the US.
- We added SEA Ltd on the back of higher MSCI weightage and after its share price corrected by 28% since 3Q21 earnings.
- CGS-CIMB's Singapore Stock Alpha Picks for 2022 (large cap)
- CGS-CIMB's Singapore Stock Alpha Picks for 2022 (small cap)
Above is the excerpt from research report by CGS-CIMB.
Clients of CGS-CIMB may access the full report in PDF @ https://www.itradecimb.com.sg/.
LIM Siew Khee CGS-CIMB Research | https://www.cgs-cimb.com 2021-12-03 2021-12-03
Read also CGS-CIMB's most recent report:
2022-11-15 Silverlake Axis - Tech Upgrades Still In Favour
Check out the most recent target prices at Silverlake Axis Target Prices. Listing of analyst research reports at Silverlake Axis Analyst Report.
Silverlake Axis Share Price History,
Silverlake Axis Announcements,
Silverlake Axis Dividends & Corp Actions,
Silverlake Axis News Articles