Guocoland - A Multi-bagger Play On Value Unlocking
- Strong residential property sales momentum to continue, driving revenue CAGR of 19% from FY21-23F
- Beneficiary of office upcycle on flight to quality trend; further upside to earnings from revaluation of Guoco Midtown
- GuocoLand's valuations undemanding at P/NAV of 0.40x, ~1.5 standard deviation below the 5-year mean of 0.52x, with decent 3.9% yield
- Potential securitisation of commercial portfolio or conversion into a stapled security presents share price upside ranging 50%-100%
A play into future-ready living.
- GuocoLand (SGX:F17)’s development projects located in Singapore, Malaysia and China are built to accommodate the rising expectations of comfort and convenience. We expect positive sales momentum to continue, catering to both local and foreign demand, driving revenue CAGR of 19% from FY21-23F for this segment that contributed 84% to FY21 revenue.
Beneficiary of office upcycle.
- We believe that the flight to quality trend will lead the office market recovery in Singapore. GuocoLand is well-positioned to capitalise on this trend, given that Guoco Midtown is the only source of new supply of CBD Grade A office space in Singapore in 2022-2023. This is on top of positive rental reversionary trends expected for Guoco Tower in a tight supply market.
- There is potential upside to our earnings from the revaluation of Guoco Midtown that we have yet to factor in.
Potential restructuring to crystallise value?
- Trading at a P/NAV multiple of just 0.40x and 3.9% yield, GuocoLand's valuations are attractive. With a growing portfolio of commercial assets, the potential securitisation of GuocoLand’s income-producing portfolio or conversion into a “stapled security” could be a significant catalyst to GuocoLand's share price, with potential upside ranging from 50% to 100%.
- Initiate coverage on GuocoLand with a BUY and target price of S$2.30, pegged to a conservative 60% discount to our revalued net asset value (RNAV) of S$5.70 as GuocoLand is illiquid compared to its larger developer peers.
Above is the excerpt from report by DBS Group Research.
Clients of DBS may access the full report in PDF @ https://www.dbs.com/insightsdirect/.
Singapore Research DBS Group Research | Derek TAN DBS Research | Rachel TAN DBS Research | https://www.dbs.com/insightsdirect/ 2022-04-05 2022-04-05
GuocoLand Analyst Report,
GuocoLand Target Price,
GuocoLand Share Price History,
GuocoLand Dividends/ Corp Actions,
GuocoLand News Articles