Pacific Century Regional Developments Limited (PCRD) is a Singapore-based investment holding company (company registration no.: 196300381N) and is 89% owned by the Pacific Century Group, which was founded in 1993. The Pacific Century Group acquired control of PCRD in September 1994.
PCRD’s principal activity is investment holding, with interests in telecommunications, media, IT solutions, logistics and property development and investment, in the Asia-Pacific region.
PCRD’s most significant investment is its 22.69% stake in Hong Kong-listed PCCW Limited (PCCW) (SEHK: 0008). Noting our level of investment, PCCW will be highlighted specifically in this report. PCCW’s investments are
- Hong Kong Telecommunications (HKT) (SEHK: 6823): Hong Kong’s premier telecommunications service provider and leading operator of fixed-line, broadband, mobile communication and media entertainment services.
- PCCW Media: A fully integrated multimedia and entertainment group in Hong Kong engaged in the provision of over-the-top (OTT) video service in Hong Kong and in other countries in the region.
- HK Television Entertainment Company: A domestic free TV service in Hong Kong.
- PCCW Solutions: A leading IT and business process outsourcing provider in Hong Kong, mainland China and Southeast Asia.
- Pacific Century Premium Developments Limited (PCPD): Engaged in the development and management of premium property and infrastructure projects, as well as investment in premium-grade buildings in the Asia-Pacific region.
Separately, PCRD holds a direct interest of 1.92% in HKT and a 13.94% direct interest in PCPD.
Source: Annual Report. Updated: 2022-04-01.