Winking Studios is an art outsourcing and game development studio with over 25 years of experience providing complete end-to-end art outsourcing and game development services across various platforms such as console, PC, online and handheld content for the video games industry.
The Company was incorporated in the Cayman Islands on 15 December 2005 under the name “Winking Entertainment Ltd” (Company registration number: 159882), and subsequently changed its name to “Winking Studios Limited” with effect from 17 May 2023.
The 3 primary business segments of Winking Studios are:
- Art Outsourcing Segment – to create and develop digital art assets as part of the provision of art outsourcing services. The Group has the capabilities to provide a wide gamut of design services, including 2D concept art, 3D modelling, 2D animation, 3D animation and visual effects, which includes environment design and game character design.
- Game Development Segment – to provide game development services, including programming, development, design and script writing of games.
- Global Publishing and Other Services Segment – to
- release game products developed by the Group as well as third party game developers on global game platforms, including PlayStation, Switch and Steam; and
- sell the video games developed in-house and peripheral gaming products.
Winking Studios primarily operates in Taiwan and the PRC, hosting seven studios. The headquarters in Singapore provides support for company-wide operations.
Source: IPO Prospectus. Updated: 2023-11-18.